Dubai is one of the fastest-growing economies in the middle east. Investors from all around the world look for opportunities in the UAE market. Few of the businesses are growing tremendously in Dubai, for instance, a cafeteria business in Dubai. Abu Dhabi and Dubai have seen a diverse range of customers from all over the world. There is also strong support from the government which provides attractive incentives for starting a cafeteria business in Dubai.
How to obtain a cafeteria license in Dubai?
The most important step for opening a cafeteria in Dubai is to obtain food and trade licenses. The food license can be obtained from the Food and Safety Department, and the Trade license can be obtained from the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing in Dubai. Obtaining a license in Dubai has a critical process. Let us understand the steps to be followed to obtain a cafeteria license in Dubai.
Procedure for obtaining a license in Dubai:
- Obtain Trade license and food license from the necessary authorities.
- Select a local sponsor
- Get the necessary approvals from the construction plans keeping in mind the specifications by the food and safety department
- Select a suitable place for the cafeteria
- Sign the agreement with your partner
- Submit necessary documents to the DED( Department of Economic Development)
- Apply of No-Objection Certificate (NOC)
- The Department of Economic Development will provide you the trade license
A. For the blueprint of the restaurant:
- Space for food processing and storage
- Sanitary spaces
- Windows and ventilation system
- The location of the equipment used to process the food
- Location of washing machines
- Entry and exit of the passages
B. For food license approval:
- The approval from the Department of Economic Development
- The layout of the premises
- Approval from the planning department
C. For Trade License approval:
- License application signed by the company managers
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Attest company name approval letter
- Passport copies of the managers
Food Safety requirements for cafeteria business in Dubai:
To ensure food safety the cafeteria must obtain license such as:
- Food consignment release license
- Pork permit for handling and serving pork products
- Vehicle permit for transporting food products
The government also has a special regulation on the import/export of food products. The trade license can be renewed yearly from the DED
- The location selected to start the cafeteria business in Dubai must be appropriate and should provide the necessary space to keep the equipment and preparing the food.
- Necessary space for disposal of dirt and emission of smoke
- The toilet area must be separated from the kitchen
- The walls, floors, roofs must be washed regularly and should be fire-proof
- There should be a separate washbasin for cleaning utensils, for vegetables and a separate basin for meat
Open a cafeteria business in Dubai with MSZ Consultancy:
Opening a cafeteria business in Dubai can be challenging due to a lot of competitions. Provided the right amount of planning and execution opening a cafe in Dubai can be a lucrative business. Many investors are keen on investing in this sector in Dubai. So if you are planning to open a cafe in Dubai contact MSZ Consultancy. Our team of experts will assist you in starting the business and other necessary formalities.
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
Dubai is known as a city of opportunities and is the commercial hub of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), transforming itself from an oil-dependent to one of the leading and economic innovation hubs in the world. Due to its flexible business setup governemnt policies and...
The gold industry in Dubai has been thriving since the 1940s due to its free trade policies which have encouraged traders from all over the world. Gold trading is one of the leading imports in Dubai. If you are an entrepreneur who is willing to start a gold trading...
Dubai is amongst the world’s famous destinations for business which is preferred by entrepreneurs. Due to its world-class infrastructure, global strategic location, attractive taxation benefits it is one of the best places for doing business in Dubai. There are many...
Dubai is a prominent business destination for global investors and business professionals. From manufacturing to selling, Dubai is one of the most profitable countries. The textile industry is booming and growing rapidly along with massive employee opportunities. If...
A trademark is a symbol, word, or logo that is registered legally through their use represents a brand or an enterprise. Trademark registration protects the logo and the brand name of your company. Trademarks are intellectual property rights governed and protected by...
There is a massive increase in businesses in the UAE. With the ever-changing rules and regulations, there is a huge demand for a law firm in Dubai. Due to its liberal business environment, taxation benefits, and world-class infrastructure, Dubai is considered a...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news
Request a call back
Would you like to speak to one of our business advisers over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.