Business setup in Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC):
Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) is the best free zone in Dubai and UAE and also declared as the world best free zone. The reason behind attaining this status is the opportunities and advantages available to various businesses.
Generally, DMCC provides manufacturing, import, and re-export facilities to companies and traders related to soft agriculture, precious metals, base metals & steel and energy sector.
Before, there was JLT license available for businesses related to non-commodities sector in Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC). Apart from the above stated sectors, you can also start business in DMCC in sectors like healthcare, FMCG, construction, education, media, aviation, shipping and others.
Types of licenses available in DMCC
According to the type of business activity, there are mainly three types of licenses available in DMCC
1. Trade license
2. Service license
3. Industrial license
Registration of a new company in Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC).
• Submit online application
• Then you will receive a link by an email from DMCC.
• After completing all pages of online pre-approval application, upload the required documents followed by a payment of 1,000 and then submit the application.
• You have to choose the company type,
• Choose the bank that you intend to open an account with, the financial year dates and contact details.
• Then select your business activity.
• Add all the shareholder personal and passport details and select the number of shares.
• Appoint company people such as license manager, director, HR Signatory and their powers and E-signature subscription details.
Required documents for Pre-approval
• Passport copy,
• Copy of UAE residence visa and EID
• No Objection Certificate (NOC) from sponsor (in case of valid UAE residence visa)
• Summary of business plan
• Third party approvals (for specific business activities)
• Office address in DMCC free zone
• Residential address proof (utility bill or invoice) in country of residence
• Copy of parent company documents (only in case of setting up a subsidiary)
• Know Your Client (KYC) form for each Shareholder, Director, Manager, Secretary and also Legal Representative (system generated).
• HR Signatory Appointment Letter (system generated)
DMCC will provide company name reservation and also the approval application within 5 to 10 working days.
Note: Validity of the Pre-Approval is 90 days.
Required documents for the Registration
you will receive a notification detailing the requirements for the registration stage, after the pre-approval
• Specimen signature form for each Shareholder, Director, Manger, Secretary aand also Legal representative
• Passport for each Shareholder, Director, Manager, Secretary and also Legal representative and Visa if holding a UAE residence visa
• Shareholders’ Resolution
• Standard Undertaking Letter (system generated)
• Memorandum of Association and also Articles of Association (system generated).
After submission of all the required documents and also paying registration and license fee, the DMCC will issue Provisional Approval Letter and Bank Letter.
Note: Both Provisional Approval and Bank letter are valid for 90 days from date of issuance.
After the submission of required documents for new office space, DMCC shall issue the following system generated documents:
• Company License
• Attested DMCC Memorandum of Association and also Articles of Association (MOA)
• Share Certificate(s)
• Certificate of Registration
• Personnel Secondment Agreement (PSA)
DMCC will issue e-license after five working days. This will allow you to open a business in DMCC.
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
Are you wondering if your company needs to register for Value Added Tax? Value Added Tax, or VAT, is one of the most common types of tax around the world. More than 180 countries have implemented this tax, including the UAE. While some countries have raised their tax...
The United Arab Emirates is known around the world for its business-friendly environment. Over the years, the country has put new rules and regulations into place to attract foreign investors, and it has paid off big time! Switzerland, the United Kingdom, India, the...
There’s no doubt that the pandemic has impacted the way that businesses operate. Business owners in Dubai and from all around the world had to change their structure and uncover new opportunities to succeed during the pandemic.
Officials in the UAE are hoping for an explosion of foreign investment, that’s because they’ve revamped their company laws to allow foreign investors to fully own local companies without the need of an Emirati sponsor. This is a huge deal for foreign entrepreneurs!
If you’re thinking of starting a business in Dubai, you can’t go wrong with a travel agency. The tourism industry is booming due to the popular shopping spots, stunning architecture, dining,
If you’re a female entrepreneur, the United Arab Emirates is the place to be. That’s because the country offers greater gender equality than any other country in the region. And women entrepreneurs are noticing because now, more than ever before, women are taking...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news