A laundry business is easy to start. But, you have to find the best location before you open the laundry business in Dubai found how you will differentiate yourself from the competition and researched the cost of supplies and fees.
Laundry license in Dubai permits washing of clothes, bedsheets, curtain, carpets. It allows automatic washing and also manual washing and it includes washing clothes and leather products etc.
Laundry business is one of the booming businesses in these recent years because people have no time to wash, dry, or iron their clothes. Laundry business is a great opportunity to invest in because of the way that it offers a solution to the people’s problems, which the reason it is in very high demand.
Below are the general requirements:
- “No Smoking” symbol/images shall be publicized at the entry of a Laundry Business
- The cloth used for ironing should be kept clean at all times.
- Emergency contact numbers must be present in the facility.
- Sleeping and cooking are not allowing in the working area of Laundry business in Dubai.
- Foodstuffs should not be stored in the working area of Laundry license in Dubai.
- General cleanliness (i.e. below the ironing tables, drawers, cabinets, under the sink, corners of the wall, pantry area, curtains, exhausts, work area, washrooms, etc.) should be carried out for effective cleaning and disinfection to ensure hygiene within the working area.
- Chairs / Sofa / Curtain made from non-absorbent substance should not be kept inside the working area.
- Unwanted and personal things should not be kept inside the working area.
- Machine for Laundry license in Dubai
- Leaving a gap of a minimum of 1 meter from adjacent machines and the permanent fixture/wall.
- The aisle or gangway of 1 meter shall be maintained.
- Proper electrical isolation switches for all the machines will be given and effectively accessible.
- ELCB shall be provided in all electrical circuits.
- All pulleys and belt drives shall be securely guarded and maintained.
- Consistent checks for rollers use for pressing long sheets.
- For an emergency stop, Additional stop bars switches shall be provided.
Storage of Chemicals:
- Chemicals used in Laundry services will be stored in a separate room for identifying them as harsh, flammable, and incompatible chemicals.
- Safety measures in handling chemicals as given in the material safety data sheet shall be followed.
- Separate the bleaches from all other chemicals and any rags, lubricants, or other flammable materials.
- The chemicals drum or containers shall be properly characterized.
Color Coding of Lines:
- The proper color-coding of water, steam, diesel, or gas lines used for boilers shall be followed.
A working area of Laundry business must provide the accompanying:
- Sufficient number of separate Laundry baskets and carts will be available
- Laundry basket or carts must be marked for a wash as well as unwashed cloth
- Emergency care (First aid) box full of medication with a valid shelf life
- A sufficient number of separate tables as well as a rack for clean clothes shall be available.
- Ceramic Hand wash basin should be provided with liquid hand soap.
Delivery Van for Laundry license in Dubai:
- Provide enough number of distinct laundry bags for gathering washed as well as unwashed clothes.
- Delivery van shall be provided with an aluminum sheet to hold the laundry bags.
- Provide hanger to hold the cloth.
- Daily cleaning worksheet shall be present. Also, the dirty and clean cloth should be kept separate in the delivery vehicle.
What are the Documents Required to Start a Laundry Business in Dubai?
- Passport size picture must be with a white background
- Passport copy of the shareholders
- Tourist visa or residence visa with an entry stamp
- Passport copy of the local sponsor
- Copy of Emirates ID of the local sponsor
- Family book of the local partner
- Business plan
- Utility bill of the shareholders
- Ejari (Tenancy contract)
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
UAE is the second-largest automotive market in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). Many entrepreneurs and investors are willing to start their auto parts store in Dubai as it is a reliable platform for building both local and international business. Today UAE...
Business set up in Ajman offers low set up costs and maintenance costs. Another key-sector in Ajman’s economy is the real estate sector that is very appealing to both local as well as foreign investors. Foreign companies are allowed to set up subsidiaries and Branch...
Starting a car wash company in Dubai is one of the best options entrepreneurs can prefer for its a booming sector in the UAE. With the number of car users increasing on a daily basis, the maintenance and cleaning of cars service have essentially grown. Every year the...
The number of businesses in Dubai is increasing every year, which also increases the demand for starting a recruitment agency in Dubai. The government support by permitting the License for a Private Employment Agencies Law in 2011 known as MR 1283, issued by the...
Web development company differs from the web design business. A web design company in Dubai creates layouts and visuals for a website owner. The web designer looks into the user interface and design while a web developer creates software and applications that power...
The process of setting up either a branch office or representative office is relatively the same but both these offices are different in their working. Difference between the Branch office and Representative office: A branch office can engage in commercial activities...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news
Request a call back
Would you like to speak to one of our business advisers over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.