A laundry business is easy to start. But, you have to find the best location before you open the laundry business in Dubai found how you will differentiate yourself from the competition and researched the cost of supplies and fees.
Laundry license in Dubai permits washing of clothes, bedsheets, curtain, carpets. It allows automatic washing and also manual washing and it includes washing clothes and leather products etc.
Laundry business is one of the booming businesses in these recent years because people have no time to wash, dry, or iron their clothes. Laundry business is a great opportunity to invest in because of the way that it offers a solution to the people’s problems, which the reason it is in very high demand.
Below are the general requirements:
- “No Smoking” symbol/images shall be publicized at the entry of a Laundry Business
- The cloth used for ironing should be kept clean at all times.
- Emergency contact numbers must be present in the facility.
- Sleeping and cooking are not allowing in the working area of Laundry business in Dubai.
- Foodstuffs should not be stored in the working area of Laundry license in Dubai.
- General cleanliness (i.e. below the ironing tables, drawers, cabinets, under the sink, corners of the wall, pantry area, curtains, exhausts, work area, washrooms, etc.) should be carried out for effective cleaning and disinfection to ensure hygiene within the working area.
- Chairs / Sofa / Curtain made from non-absorbent substance should not be kept inside the working area.
- Unwanted and personal things should not be kept inside the working area.
- Machine for Laundry license in Dubai
- Leaving a gap of a minimum of 1 meter from adjacent machines and the permanent fixture/wall.
- The aisle or gangway of 1 meter shall be maintained.
- Proper electrical isolation switches for all the machines will be given and effectively accessible.
- ELCB shall be provided in all electrical circuits.
- All pulleys and belt drives shall be securely guarded and maintained.
- Consistent checks for rollers use for pressing long sheets.
- For an emergency stop, Additional stop bars switches shall be provided.
Storage of Chemicals:
- Chemicals used in Laundry services will be stored in a separate room for identifying them as harsh, flammable, and incompatible chemicals.
- Safety measures in handling chemicals as given in the material safety data sheet shall be followed.
- Separate the bleaches from all other chemicals and any rags, lubricants, or other flammable materials.
- The chemicals drum or containers shall be properly characterized.
Color Coding of Lines:
- The proper color-coding of water, steam, diesel, or gas lines used for boilers shall be followed.
A working area of Laundry business must provide the accompanying:
- Sufficient number of separate Laundry baskets and carts will be available
- Laundry basket or carts must be marked for a wash as well as unwashed cloth
- Emergency care (First aid) box full of medication with a valid shelf life
- A sufficient number of separate tables as well as a rack for clean clothes shall be available.
- Ceramic Hand wash basin should be provided with liquid hand soap.
Delivery Van for Laundry license in Dubai:
- Provide enough number of distinct laundry bags for gathering washed as well as unwashed clothes.
- Delivery van shall be provided with an aluminum sheet to hold the laundry bags.
- Provide hanger to hold the cloth.
- Daily cleaning worksheet shall be present. Also, the dirty and clean cloth should be kept separate in the delivery vehicle
What are the Documents Required to Start a Laundry Business in Dubai?
- Passport size picture must be with a white background
- Passport copy of the shareholders
- Tourist visa or residence visa with an entry stamp
- Passport copy of the local sponsor
- Copy of Emirates ID of the local sponsor
- Family book of the local partner
- Business plan
- Utility bill of the shareholders
- Ejari (Tenancy contract)
We at MSZ Consultancy have guided our several clients to start their laundry business in Dubai. All the legal tasks that are related to the licensing or the registration process for the laundry business, MSZ Consultancy will take all the responsibilities in our hands, to give you a sense of relief. For further information and assistance contact us on +971 52 544 1248 or drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org