- March 21, 2018
- Posted by: MSZ Consultant
- Category: Business Setup, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Commercial License in Dubai
Commercial Trade License is granted to companies involved in commercial trade activities related to goods, commodities, and services. The Commercial Trade License is a requisite for the regulations and also protection of companies.
Following are the Required Documents for obtaining commercial license:
- Application form
- Passport copies of partners
- Emirates ID of UAE nationals
- Original lease contract (EJARI)
- The permit issued by the Dubai Municipality Building Department
- Proof of payment for the issuance of the trade license
How to obtain a commercial license?
- One should start off by assigning the main activity the company will carry out and also other relevant activities, there can be a maximum of ten activities per a single commercial license
- Selecting the type of business for registration
- Registering the company with the companies’ register
- Submission of the documents to the Department of Economic Development (DED) in Dubai and also with the UAE Federal Ministry of Economy for the commercial license.
- Lastly, the Department of Economic Development (DED) will release the commercial license for the Dubai company
Following are the required documents for renewal
- Original or a copy of the trade license
- Approval from the relevant authorities*
- Copy of the office space lease contract
- Details of employees’ accommodation for companies with a foreign shareholder
Alert – Validity of a commercial license in Dubai is one-year from the date of issuance and a renewed trade license also has a one-year validity.