Dubai is admired around the world for its modern architectural engineering, impressive infrastructure, and many attractions. Dubai’s leadership has been intentional about creating an exceptional quality of life for its local citizens, expat residents, and visitors alike. Thanks to Dubai’s unique position in the Middle East and in the global economy business opportunities continue to abound here. Setting up a business in Dubai has never been easier, and certainly favors the vision of business leaders and aspiring entrepreneurs from all over the world. Petroleum and energy development continues to have a significant presence, but other growing industries include construction, real estate, hospitality, retail, and travel & tourism.
But what about medical services? Is there a market opportunity for you to set up a medical clinic in Dubai? YES, there is!
UAE is recognized for the quality and variety of its healthcare facilities, but there’s still LOTS of opportunity for growth. Especially in the greater Dubai area, healthcare is said to be one of the most promising sectors for investment, including both private and public healthcare centers. As a result, foreign investors from all over the world are interested in learning how to set up a medical clinic in Dubai. There’s an opportunity here for opening everything from small general clinics to high-end healthcare specialty services. Some specialties in particular which are seeing booming demand among Dubai’s growing population include health & nutrition, exercise science, dermatology, and plastic surgery. But no matter your specialty or in which area of medicine you’d like to focus your efforts, you can run a successful medical clinic in Dubai!
Gaining a professional license to run your own Dubai medical clinic may sound like a challenging venture to undertake, especially for an outsider – but it can absolutely be done, and it’s not as hard to get off the ground as you may think. The local Dubai government and the national UAE government of UAE have worked together to provide valuable support to many business sectors, with the healthcare sector being flagged as one of the most important. The process of starting a new business in Dubai does require following specific procedures and meeting certain requirements, and can feel somewhat daunting to the novice. But don’t let that deter you; you’ve landed on the right page! MSZ Consultancy is here to facilitate the entire process of helping you launch a new medical business in Dubai! Keep reading to learn more!
Why Set Up a Medical Clinic in Dubai?
There are many good reasons to start your own clinic here, as Dubai offers a safe and friendly environment for local citizens, as well as for investors from all over the world. Nearly every business and industry have a presence in Dubai, with more being added all the time. The local population is very receptive to foreign-owned businesses, and the wealth of visitors who come to Dubai every year also makes the prospect of starting a business here very attractive. In addition, Dubai offers several favorable incentives, including tax exemptions, strategic locations, and relative ease of business setup. Here are a few specific benefits and rewards of setting up a medical clinic here in Dubai:
• Dubai and the UAE allow for 100% foreign ownership of your company.
• Paying for any income or corporate taxes is not a mandatory requirement.
• Customs duties for goods or services are exempted.
• There’s a variety of tailored real estate solutions ready for you in Dubai.
• There are also multiple opportunities for collaboration with others working in the same industry sector.
What Are Some of the Different Types of Medical Clinics You Can Open in Dubai?
How do you want to structure your medical business? You can set up in Dubai Mainland or set up in a Free Zone, according to your personal and commercial preferences. Each clinic is designed to operate with its own specialists and specific area (or areas) of focus. Here are just a few of the many clinic possibilities you can operate in Dubai: General Clinic, Poly Clinic, Dentist, Orthodontist, Oral Surgery Clinic, Pediatric Clinic, Cardiac Clinic, Psychiatry Clinic, Oncology Clinic, Dermatology Clinic, Respiratory Clinic, Obstetrics & Gynecology Clinic, Urology Clinic, Sports & Orthopedic Medicine Clinic, Nutrition & Exercise Clinic, and so many more!
Steps to Set Up a Medical Clinic in Dubai
To set up a medical clinic in Dubai, your provider will first need to have completed a relevant degree for medicine. In addition, you will be required to have your provider’s medical degree and/or other relevant qualifications certified and approved by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) in order to set up your own medical clinic in Dubai. Here’s what the general approval process typically looks like:
1. Reserve a Trade Name
One of the first and most important steps for setting up a medical clinic in Dubai is to have your trade name registered in order to obtain your license. The investor is required to complete an online application and then submit it to the Department of Economic Development (DED) for trade name approval and registration.
2. Obtain Initial Approval
After registering your trade name with the DED, you’ll need to complete another application with the same department to get initial approval from them with all relevant documentation, including a valid passport copy. The business plan for your clinic setup must also obtain approval from the Dubai Municipality.
3. Get Approval from DHA
The next step involves getting approvals from the DHA. This authority is charged with handling all approvals for healthcare services in Dubai. There will be some particular documentation required for this approval, which can include:
• Original Passport and Visa Copies
• Original Emirates ID
• Copy of the Trade Name issued by the Authority
• Affection Plan and Business Layout/Floor Plan
• DHA Undertaking Letter, along with the Proposal Letter
4. Get Your Documents Submitted
The investor will also be required to submit other documents, including the Lease Agreement, Memorandum of Association (MOA), and other relevant documents.
5. Get Your Final Approval
The investor will then be required to submit all required documents, the registration fee, and a photocopy of the initial approval notification, along with:
• A valid building location
• Final Trade License
• No Objection Certificate (NOC)
• List of the Healthcare Professionals and Directors
6. Get Your License
Once you’ve followed all of the above steps, the last step is to create your own account in the official DHA portal to receive your approved DHA license. You’ll be required to submit all relevant, detailed documentation for your medical professionals, as well as for any consultants who will be working in your clinic. Once these documents have been cleared by the DHA, you’ll be provided with your own license for starting your Medical Clinic in Dubai.
Required Documents for Setting Up a Medical Clinic in Dubai
• Trade name reservation to be approved by DED (Dubai Economic Development)
• Initial approval certificate to be approved by DED (Dubai Economic Development)
• Lease contract
• Floor plan and layout plan required by the respective facility
• DHA agreement with a signature from the owner
• Affection plan issued by the Dubai Municipality
• Documentation of plan approval
• Passport copy, Visa copy, and copy of valid Emirates ID
• Medical Director approved by DHA (Dubai Health Authority)
Ready to create a medical business in Dubai that will not just survive, but will truly thrive? All that’s needed is for you to create a winning business plan, and then let MSZ come alongside to help make it happen! We can facilitate the entire process in the easiest, most hassle-free way as possible. We’ll help to ensure that all needs and requirements are met, so you can then focus on getting your business launched and up-and-running. Connect with us today if you’re ready to start your own medical clinic in Dubai. We’re just a phone call or an email away! Give us a call at +971525441248, or simply shoot us an email at email@example.com. Don’t wait any longer; let’s get started together!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is required to start a clinic in Dubai?
Besides all the approvals and licenses listed above, in order to launch a medical clinic in Dubai, you’ll need to make sure that your doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals are also properly registered. This will necessarily include Medical Council Registration for doctors, Nursing Registration for nurses employed, etc.
2. How to start a Medical Clinic in Dubai?
• Contact a consultant company like MSZ to help facilitate the approvals process.
• Prepare a business plan for your business.
• Procure any needed financing.
• Choose a location for your business.
• Obtain the appropriate equipment.
• Hire needed staff for your business.
• Determine the particulars of your billing and payments process for your business.
• Market your clinic with effective advertising campaigns.
• Set up the foundation for your clinic.
3. How much does it cost to open a Clinic in Dubai?
Approximate license registration and approvals fees will be around AED 12,500, the DHA approval fees will be around AED 10,000, MOHRE and immigration registration fees will be around AED 1,750, and UAE national agent fees with corporate PRO Services will be around AED 15,000. The costs can vary depending upon your specific requirements; the numbers provided are simply meant to be an approximate estimation.
4. Can a medical clinic business be successful in Dubai?
With the population of residents and visitors to Dubai, absolutely. Medical clinics in Dubai are generally very successful, with a higher rate of income than many other business categories. If you’re looking to create a profitable business in Dubai, then launching a medical clinic is a great strategy!
5. How do you market your clinic in Dubai?
• Use consistent healthcare branding.
• Evaluate your online patient experience, and optimize accordingly.
• Build a responsive healthcare website, and utilize PPC and display ads for more effective healthcare marketing.
• Optimize for prospective patient search engine results, and explore other traditional media marketing options.