Hotel Business in Dubai
The hotel business is one of the most beneficial businesses to start in Dubai, Since many people visit Dubai consistently. A variety of innovative projects and landscapes are the reason for corporate giants to invest in this sector.
The hotels can be established in Dubai mainland and also in several free zones present in Dubai. But, it is more lucrative to open a hotel in Dubai mainland because hotels are mainly relevant to tourists. These tourists desire to stay near different tourist destinations that are present in Dubai mainland.
Classification of hospitality establishment:
A foreign investor prefers to invest in the hotel business must comply with the regulations related to the classification of a hospitality establishment.
• Hotel Apartments
• Youth Hostels
• Guest House
• Hotels (further categorized from 1-star to 7-star)
• Holiday House (divided into standard or deluxe establishments)
What are the required documents for opening a hotel business in Dubai?
For obtaining Initial approval
Required Documents includes:
• An application form from the DED
• Passport copy of the applicant
• Blueprints of location, Plot maps, and also building completion certificate for the hotel property
• Passport copies of the manager along with qualification certification and experience letters
• Classification card for the hotel business
• DTCM approved a certificate of good conduct.
• Approval from the Dubai General Police Headquarters
For obtaining Tourism License
Required documents include:
• Fee receipt of the initial approval
• Trade name certification as well as related payment receipts
• No Objection Certificate (NOC) from relevant authority (in case of an international group or brand of hotels)
• Ejari certification for the hotel property
• Minimum three months of tenancy contract with the landlord
• Documents required for the initial approval and relevant certifications
• Approval from the Dubai Municipality and also related judicial bodies for Electricity, waste management, public health, etc.
Here are few things you should know to start a hotel business in Dubai:
Following is the important regulations for setting up a hotel in Dubai drawn by the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM):
• A bank guarantee is required from the investors or owners of the company before a tourism license can be issued.
• The size of any hotel room may not be less than 30 square meters.
• Securely store a guest data through an efficient program.
• The prices and packages of all services must be displayed correctly.
Dubai has a few legal requirements which are more or less similar for all type of businesses. But there are some changes when it comes to the hotel business.
For Example: while most businesses need a trade license for starting a business in Dubai, you need to have a tourism license to start a hotel business. So, you have to check these slight details before making a decision.
Appoint A Manager
The hotel business requires a manager with relevant qualifications and approved certification. Appointing a manager at the inception is important because he/she can be of assistance while getting the initial approval and gathering all the documents needed for the same.
Obtaining Initial Approval
After appointing a manager, obtain the initial approval from the concerned department.
Obtaining Tourism License
After submitting all the required documents, the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) will go through each and every document, and also your license will be approved within a week. The Department of Tourism & Commerce Marketing (DTCM) offers e-service through which you can print your tourism license.
If you are planning to start a hotel business in Dubai then Contact us: +971 52 544 1248 or Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
The Dubai 2020 Expo: An Introduction The Dubai 2020 Expo is a massive event dedicated to showcasing the best in human achievement and ingenuity. It’s an enormous festival set to bring in investors, businesses, and talent from across the globe to experience the finest...
Dubai: An Introduction In recent years, Dubai has transformed from a smaller trading town into a global trading hub known worldwide for providing an incredible wealth of business opportunities. Trade has long replaced oil as the main economic driver, with the city now...
Understanding Product Registration in the UAE Are you a business owner who is ready to take on the thriving economic market of the United Arab Emirates and its capital, Dubai? If you have a product that is sure to be a best-seller, it is time to begin the process of...
All Eyes On the UAE Investors and business professionals around the world are flocking to the United Arab Emirates. This Arab sheikdom booms with business, education, and industrial improvements. How are they setting themselves apart? Unlike most of their neighboring...
What is a Trade License? Dubai is home to one of the largest and most complex business markets in the world. It offers a boundless array of business opportunities and benefits that draw thousands of investors to the region each day. With comprehensive incentive plans...
What is an FDI? Foreign direct investments, or FDIs, are business investments made by a company or individual located in one country for business interests in another. This often occurs when a business entity acquires assets originally belonging to a foreign company....
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news