Hotel Business in Dubai
The hotel business is one of the most beneficial businesses to start in Dubai, Since many people visit Dubai consistently. A variety of innovative projects and landscapes are the reason for corporate giants to invest in this sector.
The hotels can be established in Dubai mainland and also in several free zones present in Dubai. But, it is more lucrative to open a hotel in Dubai mainland because hotels are mainly relevant to tourists. These tourists desire to stay near different tourist destinations that are present in Dubai mainland.
Classification of hospitality establishment:
A foreign investor prefers to invest in the hotel business must comply with the regulations related to the classification of a hospitality establishment.
• Hotel Apartments
• Youth Hostels
• Guest House
• Hotels (further categorized from 1-star to 7-star)
• Holiday House (divided into standard or deluxe establishments)
What are the required documents for opening a hotel business in Dubai?
For obtaining Initial approval
Required Documents includes:
• An application form from the DED
• Passport copy of the applicant
• Blueprints of location, Plot maps, and also building completion certificate for the hotel property
• Passport copies of the manager along with qualification certification and experience letters
• Classification card for the hotel business
• DTCM approved a certificate of good conduct.
• Approval from the Dubai General Police Headquarters
For obtaining Tourism License
Required documents include:
• Fee receipt of the initial approval
• Trade name certification as well as related payment receipts
• No Objection Certificate (NOC) from relevant authority (in case of an international group or brand of hotels)
• Ejari certification for the hotel property
• Minimum three months of tenancy contract with the landlord
• Documents required for the initial approval and relevant certifications
• Approval from the Dubai Municipality and also related judicial bodies for Electricity, waste management, public health, etc.
Here are few things you should know to start a hotel business in Dubai:
Following is the important regulations for setting up a hotel in Dubai drawn by the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM):
• A bank guarantee is required from the investors or owners of the company before a tourism license can be issued.
• The size of any hotel room may not be less than 30 square meters.
• Securely store a guest data through an efficient program.
• The prices and packages of all services must be displayed correctly.
Dubai has a few legal requirements which are more or less similar for all type of businesses. But there are some changes when it comes to the hotel business.
For Example: while most businesses need a trade license for starting a business in Dubai, you need to have a tourism license to start a hotel business. So, you have to check these slight details before making a decision.
Appoint A Manager
The hotel business requires a manager with relevant qualifications and approved certification. Appointing a manager at the inception is important because he/she can be of assistance while getting the initial approval and gathering all the documents needed for the same.
Obtaining Initial Approval
After appointing a manager, obtain the initial approval from the concerned department.
Obtaining Tourism License
After submitting all the required documents, the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) will go through each and every document, and also your license will be approved within a week. The Department of Tourism & Commerce Marketing (DTCM) offers e-service through which you can print your tourism license.
If you are planning to start a hotel business in Dubai then Contact us: +971 52 544 1248 or Email us: email@example.com
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
Opportunity Awaits, But Experience is Paramount to Success With an ever-evolving business market, Abu Dhabi is quickly becoming one of the premier destinations for entrepreneurs and investors searching for lucrative endeavors. The region has worked to develop a...
Statutory Audits in the UAE Statutory audit requirements in Dubai are integral to ensuring financial transparency, accountability, and regulatory compliance for businesses operating in the region. The UAE has established an expansive legal framework that requires all...
UAE Labor Laws If you’re an entrepreneur interested in company formation in the UAE, one of the first things you’ll need to do is become familiar with the local labor laws. These labor laws cover a range of aspects, including working hours, leave entitlements,...
The UAE, with its thriving economy and diverse workforce, has a well-defined set of employment laws that safeguard the rights of both employers and employees. These laws establish rules surrounding wages, employment contracts, and potential disputes, creating a...
Free Zones Dubai If you're an investor who's eyed the benefits of business setup in UAE, you've already performed ample research on Dubai Free Zones and the advantages they offer. These business jurisdictions are independent sectors that provide a wide range of...
New UAE Healthcare Industry Laws With an eye toward the future, the UAE has made bold moves in updating the rules and regulations in their healthcare industry. These new regulations mark a tightened grip on unlicensed healthcare practices that aim to cement the...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news