The Food and Beverage Industry is booming in Dubai. From international cuisines to local UAE traditional cuisine, it’s not just the restaurant/café business that’s booming. More specifically, the food delivery industry is really trending upwards, and is in demand among individual consumers, firms, and established food providers. Delivering food to restaurants, businesses, and individual homes is still a relatively novel concept in Dubai, and it’s also a great place for you to carve out a niche for your own food delivery business.
The citizens and visitors to Dubai enjoy all trending food styles, and also value the opportunity to have their desired food choices delivered right to their door. And as was the case in many other economic centers around the world, demand for food delivery services in Dubai has really ramped up as a result of ongoing pandemic impacts! And economic forecasters in the area only expect for customized food and beverage delivery to grow going forward. Food delivery services play a key role, not just in home and business meal delivery, but also in supporting special occasions like parties, weddings, reunions, corporate events, and more. The strength of this market in the UAE is reflected by the recent rise of enterprises like Zomato, Careem Food, Talabat, and Noon Food, including their ability to break into some very lucrative UAE food delivery markets. With the right information, the right support, and the right business plan, launching your own food delivery business in Dubai really can be a piece of cake!
Benefits of starting a food delivery service
• It’s estimated that nearly 2/3 of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) population would prefer to take advantage of a food delivery service.
• The food delivery industry has already proven to be a very successful business opportunity in Dubai. With proper guidance, a start-up food delivery business can absolutely do well here!
• Interested in starting a business that doesn’t demand as much in the way of up-front investment? Then a food delivery service can be an attractive option. You can launch your new business with a minimum amount of investment, and then start to scale up once you start reaping the profits.
• You won’t necessarily need to spend a lot on advertising, either. Design a flyer with your company name, logo, etc., and simply display it on all of your delivery vehicles, along with any restaurants which allow you to post your flyer. That’s enough to get the ball rolling for you right there!
• A food delivery service doesn’t require a kitchen setup, or much else in the way of specialized equipment. You just need an office space, administrative capabilities, and an adequate amount of delivery drivers to meet the demands of your business.
• If you’re not ready to launch full-time, you can always start with a part-time food delivery business. It’s really up to you.
• A food delivery business doesn’t require a ton of paperwork, either. All you really need is a capable team and a user-friendly application.
• Commissions are decided upon between the restaurant and the business in terms of delivery app orders. Adjustments can be made based upon order volume and other key factors.
• Once your business becomes well-established, restaurants will pay a fee to be featured on top of your delivery app. This is another opportunity for you to monetize by selling ad space.
• And don’t forget about the time factor, either. You’re able to charge premium fees for food delivery at peak hours, including times that can be considered as very early in the morning or very late in the evening.
How to start a food delivery business in dubai?
It isn’t difficult to start your own food delivery business in Dubai, as long as you possess the necessary experience and expertise in the field. Of course you’ll need to apply for a trade license, and there are a few more requisite steps that are required for launching a new business in the UAE. For this purpose, it’s best to gain support from a local business consultant partner, as well as from a food delivery app development company in Dubai.
The first step is to determine what specific type of company you intend to develop. Choose a business name. Just note that in the UAE, there are certain naming conventions you’ll need to follow. Any disrespectful words should be avoided. And once you’ve landed upon a good name option, you’ll just need to verify whether it’s available for registration.
Choosing a particular Free Zone in which to form your organization can be both beneficial and cost-effective. UAE Free Zones offer license packages at relatively low costs, in order to help facilitate the business formation process. A few of the benefits that come with operating inside a Free Zone include:
• The incorporation procedure is simpler, streamlined, and more convenient.
• You enjoy some serious tax exemption advantages!
• There are basically NO currency restrictions.
Once you’ve finalized your decision, it’s time to apply for a trade license. You’ll need to provide some basic documentation, including the following:
• A completed application form
• Two good-quality, passport-sized photos of the owner/owners
• Copy of the business owner’s passport
• Proper UAE visas
With the right guidance from a local UAE business professional, the process for obtaining a business license doesn’t have to be difficult. And with the proper business licensing in hand, you’re even able to provide sponsorship for others.
MSZ Consultancy possesses in-depth knowledge of all government regulations and business standards which apply to UAE business endeavors. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions, or to learn more. Reach out today to book your FREE consultation! Give us a call at +971 52 544 1248, or shoot us an email at email@example.com; we’d be glad to walk you through the whole process.
Connect with us now, our experts are standing by to help!
Frequently asked questions
1. How do I get my own food delivery license?
In order to get your catering or food delivery service business up and running, you’ll first need to apply for your trade license. You can do this directly through the Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED) if you’re setting up on the mainland. Alternatively, you can also choose to set up your business in one of the many UAE Free Zones.
2. Is a food delivery business profitable in the UAE?
Absolutely! Key players like Zomato, Talabat, Careem, Uber Eats, and Noon Food have made a real impact in the UAE food and beverages market.
3. What are the documents required to start a food delivery business?
• Passport copies of the shareholders
• Personal data about the shareholders and managers
• Trade name reservation proof
• Proof of initial activity approval
• Attested Articles of Association (AOA) and Memorandum of Association (MOA)
• Document showing legal approval for the physical address of the company
4. How can I start my food delivery business?
• Decide the parameters of your food service area. Before you start preparing for food delivery, decide your best route to market.
• Define the particulars of your menu and offerings.
• Make sure your business is visible on Google.
• Upload your menu.
• Put all the details of your operations into place.
• Promote and advertise your food delivery services.
• Reassure your patrons about your food safety practices.
• Publish a free online food delivery guide.