- February 1, 2018
- Posted by: MSZ Consultant
- Category: Business Setup, Dubai, Free-zones in UAE, Hiring & Sponsoring
Setting up and licensing a beauty salon in Dubai has always been one of the most demanding businesses in the UAE market. The services offered by a beauty salon in Dubai are always at a high demand, you can also establish a range of supplementary services such as training and make-up courses.
Types of beauty salon license in Dubai – There are two types of license in Dubai for beauty salons, they’re:
1. Women’s salon license
2. Men’s salon license
What is the activity code, activity group and activity license type for a women’s beauty salon?
- Activity group: Ladies’/women’s salon
- License type: Professional
- Activity code: 930203
Do’s and Don’ts for a Ladies’ beauty salon in Dubai:
A women’s beauty salon in Dubai is licensed for beautification and hair care
Haircare can include hair washing, trimming, setting coloring, straightening, waving, hair fixing, and henna services.
Cosmetic treatments can include makeup, skin cleansing. It also allowed performing skin hair removal, facial aesthetic; foot care, nail manicures, and treatment.
- Open internal doors or half-doors in a beauty treatment room
- Glass doors or glass bifurcations which reveal the room
What is the activity code, activity group and activity license type for a men’s beauty salon?
- Activity group: Men’s salon
- License type: Professional
- Activity code: 930201
Men’s salon in Dubai are licensed to carry out hairdressing and other beautification treatments, haircare includes trimming. cutting, waving, dyeing, straightening, hair setting up, supporting hair strength. While, cosmetic treatments include skin purification, hair removal of skin, foot care, and facial aesthetic.
Do’s and Don’ts for a salon, setup, through a Free Zone
- Hair cutting and hair care services
- Skin care services, while the internal doors should remain open as well as bearing glass to permit revealing the inside of the rooms
- Nail care services
- And other beauty treatment services
Don’ts, however, shall not be limited to the following:
• Allow the use of any therapeutic or beauty equipment before getting approval from Dubai Health Authority.
• Use of Beauty Salon premises for staff accommodation purposes
• Employment of women in male beauty salons.
• Employment of men in female beauty salons.
Cooking can be conducted in the salon, however, the conditions are:
• All staff employed by the licensee are required to maintain personal hygiene
• Employees of the licensee must wear the appropriate uniform during working hours
Requirements for setting up a salon:
• The location should be approved by planning department of Dubai Municipality
• Signboard placed at the entrance of the beauty salon
• Furniture used in the salon to be kept clean and sufficient lighting used in the salon
• For one dressing chair must not be less than 3.0m wide x 3.5m length
• Height between floor & ceiling in the work area must not be less than 2.30m
• The separate area designated for a manicure, pedicure, hair removing, henna designing and the area for each activity must not be less than 2.50m x 1.50m and must have a proper partition.
• The facial area must have a wash basin
• Preparation area for hair removing materials shall be made from fireproof materials
• A water heater must be available in the salon
• The salon should accommodate cupboards & drawers for keeping towels and cosmetics