Trademark Registration UAE
- Quickest Turnaround Time
- Qualified Consultants
- Transparent & Cost effective Pricing
- 10+ Years of Corporate Services
GET A QUOTE TODAY!
One of the essential aspects of setting up a business in the UAE is the Trademark Registration in Dubai. Any business owner who has worked extremely hard to build a brand would be affected adversely if someone tries to imitate his brand and claims it. In such a situation intellectual property rights come into action and protect such business owners from adverse imitation. Trademark registration is hence an important asset that creates more revenue for the business and brand recognition
Procedure for Trademark Registration in Dubai
- Filling an application
- Paying a fee of Dirhams 500 to the Trademark Section of the Ministry of Economy and Commerce.
- Relevant documents are required in the process of trademark registration along with fifteen identical labels of the mark.
- The application can be filed by the seeker if he has a UAE address or by his authorized Agent in UAE who holds a notarized Power of Attorney.
- Once the application is reviewed, the ministry issues an examination report to proceed further.
- A specific time is given by the authority to respond in return of the application.
- Any requirements mentioned in the Ministry’s report must be accepted by the applicant, or otherwise appealed to the Trademarks Committee of the Ministry.
- The Committee’s decision is further subject to appeal in a Civil Court.
Get Your Free Consultation Now
Upon completion of the above initial process
Trademark applications that have been preliminarily approved for registration by the Ministry need to be published in the UAE Trademark Bulletin which costs AED 500. Then the trademark needs to be published in two Arabic newspapers circulated in UAE.
In case of any dispute by a third party, written opposition to the Ministry concerning the registration of the mark can be submitted within 30 days. Authority then decides whether to accept or reject the application. This decision may be appealed to the Trademarks’ Committee of the Ministry, followed by competent courts.
If the mark is accepted, the Trademark Registrar should, according to the Law, notify and provide details concerning the mark to the Federal and Local Emirate Chamber of Commerce and Industry. A Trademark Registration Certificate is then issued to the applicant. The complete registration process may take approximately 6 months.
Hire MSZ Consultancy for Trademark Registration
The process may seem easy, but there might be a possibility of omission. Hiring a reputed consultant will be very beneficial. MSZ Consultancy will help you in this issue and guide you through the process of Trademark registration in Dubai
Request a call back
Would you like to speak to one of our business advisers over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.