What is Trademark Registration?
A trademark can be a name, signature, letter, figure, symbol, title, drawing, tax stamp, seal, inscription, image, advertisement and any other combination.
Trademark Registration is important for all types of companies whether they are small or big. Brand registration provides complete mental fulfillment to companies as it prevents other corporations from using their name and logo for their own business interests. Brand registration also allows companies to litigate other companies if they are using similar types of names and logos that are exclusively owned by branded companies.
The trademark registration is valid for 10 years in UAE and renewed for the same period.
We at MSZ Consultancy, we can assist you with Intellectual Property Rights Protection for Trademarks, Copyrights, and also the Patents & Design.
Following are the Procedures for Trademark Registration in UAE
- Submit the application to the Trademarks Registration Office for Initial search.
- Then file the application along all required documents including the image of the targeted trademarks and pay the fees.
- The Trademarks Registrar will publish your application to register the trademark in 2 local newspapers.
- Any involved party may file a notice of opposition to the registered trademark within 30 days from the date of publication.
- If no opposition is filed within the time limit then your trademark will be registered and also the certificate of registration will be issued.
Required documents for trademark registration in UAE
- Soft copy of Trademarks image in black & white.
- Power of attorney
- Trade license
- Passport copy
- Certificates of Trademark registration (in case of registered in any other countries).
Following are the benefits of Trademark Registration
- Trademark Registration supports you to protect your business identity.
- It protects against others using the same trademarks.
- It gives strong proof of your legally protected rights.
- Trademark Registration protects against others who trade in the same.
For a free consultation, Contact us: +971 52 544 1248 or Email us: email@example.com
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
The Dubai 2020 Expo: An Introduction The Dubai 2020 Expo is a massive event dedicated to showcasing the best in human achievement and ingenuity. It’s an enormous festival set to bring in investors, businesses, and talent from across the globe to experience the finest...
Dubai: An Introduction In recent years, Dubai has transformed from a smaller trading town into a global trading hub known worldwide for providing an incredible wealth of business opportunities. Trade has long replaced oil as the main economic driver, with the city now...
Understanding Product Registration in the UAE Are you a business owner who is ready to take on the thriving economic market of the United Arab Emirates and its capital, Dubai? If you have a product that is sure to be a best-seller, it is time to begin the process of...
All Eyes On the UAE Investors and business professionals around the world are flocking to the United Arab Emirates. This Arab sheikdom booms with business, education, and industrial improvements. How are they setting themselves apart? Unlike most of their neighboring...
What is a Trade License? Dubai is home to one of the largest and most complex business markets in the world. It offers a boundless array of business opportunities and benefits that draw thousands of investors to the region each day. With comprehensive incentive plans...
What is an FDI? Foreign direct investments, or FDIs, are business investments made by a company or individual located in one country for business interests in another. This often occurs when a business entity acquires assets originally belonging to a foreign company....
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news