What is Trademark Registration?
A trademark can be a name, signature, letter, figure, symbol, title, drawing, tax stamp, seal, inscription, image, advertisement and any other combination.
Trademark Registration is important for all types of companies whether they are small or big. Brand registration provides complete mental fulfillment to companies as it prevents other corporations from using their name and logo for their own business interests. Brand registration also allows companies to litigate other companies if they are using similar types of names and logos that are exclusively owned by branded companies.
The trademark registration is valid for 10 years in UAE and renewed for the same period.
We at MSZ Consultancy, we can assist you with Intellectual Property Rights Protection for Trademarks, Copyrights, and also the Patents & Design.
Following are the Procedures for Trademark Registration in UAE
- Submit the application to the Trademarks Registration Office for Initial search.
- Then file the application along all required documents including the image of the targeted trademarks and pay the fees.
- The Trademarks Registrar will publish your application to register the trademark in 2 local newspapers.
- Any involved party may file a notice of opposition to the registered trademark within 30 days from the date of publication.
- If no opposition is filed within the time limit then your trademark will be registered and also the certificate of registration will be issued.
Required documents for trademark registration in UAE
- Soft copy of Trademarks image in black & white.
- Power of attorney
- Trade license
- Passport copy
- Certificates of Trademark registration (in case of registered in any other countries).
Following are the benefits of Trademark Registration
- Trademark Registration supports you to protect your business identity.
- It protects against others using the same trademarks.
- It gives strong proof of your legally protected rights.
- Trademark Registration protects against others who trade in the same.
For a free consultation, Contact us: +971 52 544 1248 or Email us: email@example.com
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
Setting Up a Dubai Free Zone Company? Think Dubai Airport Free Zone
Business Setup Dubai Free Zones Is a Good Call Dubai is known to be a world-class tourist destination, but we attract more than just casual visitors. Dubai’s location, superior infrastructure, and business-welcoming policies also make it a leading global economic...
Basics of VAT Registration in Saudi Arabia
Starting and Operating a Business in Saudi Arabia Makes Good Sens If you’re a foreign business entrepreneur or investor who’s thinking about setting up a shop in Saudi Arabia, that’s a smart move. Why choose the KSA? Saudi Arabia has the largest free-market economy...
Business Licensing Options: Free Zone vs. Mainland vs. Offshore
Business Licensing Options in the UAE In recent years, the UAE has grown into one of the largest business hubs in the world thanks to its business-friendly environment, financially rewarding regulations, and enticing business incentives. As a result, entrepreneurs...
Tips for Business Setup in Saudi Arabia
Company Formation in Saudi Arabia Is a Smart Idea Are you an entrepreneur who’s interested in starting a foreign-owned business in the Middle East? You’re certainly not alone. Business investors are entering the markets of Dubai and Abu Dhabi in droves, and they’re...
The Benefits of Hiring an Accounting and Bookkeeping Company in Dubai
Accounting and Bookkeeping Companies Starting a business in Dubai can be challenging, especially when managing finances and ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations. That's where accounting firms come in. Hiring an accounting firm in Dubai can bring many...
Why Set Up Your Company in the SHAMS Free Zone?
The SHAMS Free Zone Dubai is a bustling hub of business and innovation that has attracted entrepreneurs and investors from all corners of the world. With its welcoming business environment and thriving economy, it's no surprise that Dubai is a top choice for both...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news