What is Trademark Registration?
A trademark can be a name, signature, letter, figure, symbol, title, drawing, tax stamp, seal, inscription, image, advertisement and any other combination.
Trademark Registration is important for all types of companies whether they are small or big. Brand registration provides complete mental fulfillment to companies as it prevents other corporations from using their name and logo for their own business interests. Brand registration also allows companies to litigate other companies if they are using similar types of names and logos that are exclusively owned by branded companies.
The trademark registration is valid for 10 years in UAE and renewed for the same period.
We at MSZ Consultancy, we can assist you with Intellectual Property Rights Protection for Trademarks, Copyrights, and also the Patents & Design.
Following are the Procedures for Trademark Registration in UAE
- Submit the application to the Trademarks Registration Office for Initial search.
- Then file the application along all required documents including the image of the targeted trademarks and pay the fees.
- The Trademarks Registrar will publish your application to register the trademark in 2 local newspapers.
- Any involved party may file a notice of opposition to the registered trademark within 30 days from the date of publication.
- If no opposition is filed within the time limit then your trademark will be registered and also the certificate of registration will be issued.
Required documents for trademark registration in UAE
- Soft copy of Trademarks image in black & white.
- Power of attorney
- Trade license
- Passport copy
- Certificates of Trademark registration (in case of registered in any other countries).
Following are the benefits of Trademark Registration
- Trademark Registration supports you to protect your business identity.
- It protects against others using the same trademarks.
- It gives strong proof of your legally protected rights.
- Trademark Registration protects against others who trade in the same.
For a free consultation, Contact us: +971 52 544 1248 or Email us: email@example.com
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
What’s a sole proprietorship? Also known as a sole trader, proprietor, or solo establishment, a sole proprietorship is one of the simplest and most common vehicles for starting your own business. This is a great choice for an individual who’s ready to go it alone in...
Business setups in UAE are some of the most popular and also recognized to be some of the most successful amongst all of the world’s economic centers. The modern infrastructure and many attractions here persuade many expats to launch their own business right here in...
Developing proper accounting and bookkeeping procedures is critical for a business's success, no matter the size or scope. Per the regulations of the UAE government, maintaining detailed books of your business accounts is a mandatory requirement that must be completed...
Numerous institutions in the UAE require documents to be attested or notarized before they are official. This is typically due to a wide range of reasons. Usually, companies request that documents submitted by employees, like college certificates and other...
The UAE is one of the largest business hubs on Earth, with a booming market and tons of opportunities for investors and entrepreneurs. But for business setup in Free Zones, you are required to own and maintain a banking account to make transactions and conduct...
The United Arab Emirates government has gone to great lengths to welcome and invite foreign nationals. The nation has invested in creating an impressive infrastructure with modern engineering, and has worked hard to create a better, more convenient quality of life for...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news