What is Trademark Registration?
A trademark can be a name, signature, letter, figure, symbol, title, drawing, tax stamp, seal, inscription, image, advertisement and any other combination.
Trademark Registration is important for all types of companies whether they are small or big. Brand registration provides complete mental fulfillment to companies as it prevents other corporations from using their name and logo for their own business interests. Brand registration also allows companies to litigate other companies if they are using similar types of names and logos that are exclusively owned by branded companies.
The trademark registration is valid for 10 years in UAE and renewed for the same period.
We at MSZ Consultancy, we can assist you with Intellectual Property Rights Protection for Trademarks, Copyrights, and also the Patents & Design.
Following are the Procedures for Trademark Registration in UAE
- Submit the application to the Trademarks Registration Office for Initial search.
- Then file the application along all required documents including the image of the targeted trademarks and pay the fees.
- The Trademarks Registrar will publish your application to register the trademark in 2 local newspapers.
- Any involved party may file a notice of opposition to the registered trademark within 30 days from the date of publication.
- If no opposition is filed within the time limit then your trademark will be registered and also the certificate of registration will be issued.
Required documents for trademark registration in UAE
- Soft copy of Trademarks image in black & white.
- Power of attorney
- Trade license
- Passport copy
- Certificates of Trademark registration (in case of registered in any other countries).
Following are the benefits of Trademark Registration
- Trademark Registration supports you to protect your business identity.
- It protects against others using the same trademarks.
- It gives strong proof of your legally protected rights.
- Trademark Registration protects against others who trade in the same.
For a free consultation, Contact us: +971 52 544 1248 or Email us: email@example.com
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
Are you wondering if your company needs to register for Value Added Tax? Value Added Tax, or VAT, is one of the most common types of tax around the world. More than 180 countries have implemented this tax, including the UAE. While some countries have raised their tax...
The United Arab Emirates is known around the world for its business-friendly environment. Over the years, the country has put new rules and regulations into place to attract foreign investors, and it has paid off big time! Switzerland, the United Kingdom, India, the...
There’s no doubt that the pandemic has impacted the way that businesses operate. Business owners in Dubai and from all around the world had to change their structure and uncover new opportunities to succeed during the pandemic.
Officials in the UAE are hoping for an explosion of foreign investment, that’s because they’ve revamped their company laws to allow foreign investors to fully own local companies without the need of an Emirati sponsor. This is a huge deal for foreign entrepreneurs!
If you’re thinking of starting a business in Dubai, you can’t go wrong with a travel agency. The tourism industry is booming due to the popular shopping spots, stunning architecture, dining,
If you’re a female entrepreneur, the United Arab Emirates is the place to be. That’s because the country offers greater gender equality than any other country in the region. And women entrepreneurs are noticing because now, more than ever before, women are taking...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news