Dubai offers an operative environment to its companies which is extremely liberal and attractive in the Middle East region. Businesses like grocery or retail stores are the key pillars that promote such small sectors. In order to obtain a grocery license in Dubai, every individual needs to look through a few components that affect the profitability and stability of your startup.
Rules to obtain a grocery license in Dubai?
- The Department of Economic Development (DED) must have complete knowledge of the existence of supplies or products in the local market
- Prior approval if the location of the store needs to be changed
- The customer has to obtain an invoice for the goods purchased
- Only after getting the permit, the machine for the coin operation must be installed
- Prohibition of sale of products with the fake trademark
- Any amendment cannot be carried out without the approval of the authority
- The commercial name must be same on the license and signboard
- Prohibition of promoting and sale of counterfeit goods
- Every product must have the date of production and expiry
- Prices must be clearly visible on all the goods
- The trademark of the groceries must be registered with the Ministry of Economy
- One is not allowed to sell products related to medical, herbal, or cosmetic, under the grocery license
How to open a grocery store in Dubai?
- Local sponsor:
It is important to find a local sponsor when you set up a grocery store in Dubai. They can be individuals or company who owns a major share in your business
- License and registration:
Obtain a grocery license in Dubai for your business and other required certifications from the Department of Economic Development (DED).
- Business jurisdiction:
It is very important to understand the business jurisdiction for opening a successful grocery store in Dubai.
- Paperwork and PRO services:
Setting up a grocery store may require further documentation, certifications and further approvals from various departments.
Key Factors to keep in mind before setting up a grocery store in Dubai:
- Know your business
- Location of Setup
- Find a local partner
- Financial viability
MSZ Consultancy for obtaining grocery license in Dubai
Obtaining a grocery license and setting up the store is a tedious process. Hiring a consultant will make it easier and cost-efficient. MSZ Consultancy will guide you in every process for obtaining a license and the necessary documentation that needs to be done.
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
Dubai is one of the most attractive markets in the region for retailers with growth opportunities in the UAE. Setting up a retail shop in Dubai can be very advantageous and growth-oriented for entrepreneurs and business people. To start a retail shop in Dubai, there...
The foodstuff trading business is growing drastically in Dubai. If you are planning to start this business in Dubai then you have made the right decision, due to its immense potential as most of the food supplies in the UAE are exported imported, packed and...
To set up an industrial company in Dubai it requires various documentation procedures to be followed and is a tedious process. Industrial licenses are issued to the organizations that convert natural resources to finished goods. If you are planning to start an...
Dubai holds the first position in the business professional list. Due to its tax-free norms and ease of doing business, it attracts international investors dealing in any business industry. To start a business in Dubai is one of the perfect options for entrepreneurs...
Local Sponsor in UAE refers to local service agents and nominee shareholders in mainland companies with foreign investments. It is mandatory that a sponsor has to be a UAE national. A local sponsor in the UAE acts as a sleeping partner in your business who has to own...
The main agenda of the branch office is to promote and market the products/services of the parent company, finalize agreements and offer services to its customers. Branch in Dubai is ideal for regulated industries like banking, financial services, and industries....
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news
Request a call back
Would you like to speak to one of our business advisers over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.