Dubai offers an operative environment to its companies which is extremely liberal and attractive in the Middle East region. Businesses like grocery or retail stores are the key pillars that promote such small sectors. In order to obtain a grocery license in Dubai, every individual needs to look through a few components that affect the profitability and stability of your startup.
Rules to obtain a grocery license in Dubai?
- The Department of Economic Development (DED) must have complete knowledge of the existence of supplies or products in the local market
- Prior approval if the location of the store needs to be changed
- The customer has to obtain an invoice for the goods purchased
- Only after getting the permit, the machine for the coin operation must be installed
- Prohibition of sale of products with the fake trademark
- Any amendment cannot be carried out without the approval of the authority
- The commercial name must be same on the license and signboard
- Prohibition of promoting and sale of counterfeit goods
- Every product must have the date of production and expiry
- Prices must be clearly visible on all the goods
- The trademark of the groceries must be registered with the Ministry of Economy
- One is not allowed to sell products related to medical, herbal, or cosmetic, under the grocery license
How to open a grocery store in Dubai?
- Local sponsor:
It is important to find a local sponsor when you set up a grocery store in Dubai. They can be individuals or company who owns a major share in your business
- License and registration:
Obtain a grocery license in Dubai for your business and other required certifications from the Department of Economic Development (DED).
- Business jurisdiction:
It is very important to understand the business jurisdiction for opening a successful grocery store in Dubai.
- Paperwork and PRO services:
Setting up a grocery store may require further documentation, certifications and further approvals from various departments.
Key Factors to keep in mind before setting up a grocery store in Dubai:
- Know your business
- Location of Setup
- Find a local partner
- Financial viability
MSZ Consultancy for obtaining grocery license in Dubai
Obtaining a grocery license and setting up the store is a tedious process. Hiring a consultant will make it easier and cost-efficient. MSZ Consultancy will guide you in every process for obtaining a license and the necessary documentation that needs to be done.
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
The world’s most flourishing economies were not ready for the COVID 19 pandemic that has shunned every country’s normal routine. During these desperate times the primary goal of every country was to reduce the spread of the virus across the citizens and take care of...
When it comes to Mainland Company Formation, Limited Liability Formation in UAE is known to be one of the most developed business entities. There are three kinds of licenses to be issued for business setup in Mainland Company Formation in UAE, namely – Commercial,...
The industrial license in Dubai authorizes business or a company to perform industrial activities such as manufacturing, processing, and other activities in Dubai. To start any business operations in Dubai it is mandatory to obtain an industrial license. This license...
When it comes to senses, fragrance holds a unique place. Perfumes have the essence of bringing back the cherished moments. Perfume comes with a unique identification which is highly acknowledged in the UAE market. Commonly known as “Attar” which is a concentrated form...
Health and fitness are now trending in Dubai and is becoming a fashion in the UAE. Every individual whether local Emirate or ex-pat is working on achieving the goal of attaining the ideal condition of health. Which is giving rise to setting up a gym in Dubai and...
Today the world is fighting against the global pandemic coronavirus as we all know, has become the deadly virus and human threat across the globe. The world is fighting against it very strongly. In these times we need to understand the seriousness and work on...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news
Request a call back
Would you like to speak to one of our business advisers over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.