Dubai offers an operative environment to its companies which is extremely liberal and attractive in the Middle East region. Businesses like grocery or retail stores are the key pillars that promote such small sectors. In order to obtain a grocery license in Dubai, every individual needs to look through a few components that affect the profitability and stability of your startup.
Rules to obtain a grocery license in Dubai?
- The Department of Economic Development (DED) must have complete knowledge of the existence of supplies or products in the local market
- Prior approval if the location of the store needs to be changed
- The customer has to obtain an invoice for the goods purchased
- Only after getting the permit, the machine for the coin operation must be installed
- Prohibition of sale of products with the fake trademark
- Any amendment cannot be carried out without the approval of the authority
- The commercial name must be same on the license and signboard
- Prohibition of promoting and sale of counterfeit goods
- Every product must have the date of production and expiry
- Prices must be clearly visible on all the goods
- The trademark of the groceries must be registered with the Ministry of Economy
- One is not allowed to sell products related to medical, herbal, or cosmetic, under the grocery license
How to open a grocery store in Dubai?
- Local sponsor:
It is important to find a local sponsor when you set up a grocery store in Dubai. They can be individuals or company who owns a major share in your business
- License and registration:
Obtain a grocery license in Dubai for your business and other required certifications from the Department of Economic Development (DED).
- Business jurisdiction:
It is very important to understand the business jurisdiction for opening a successful grocery store in Dubai.
- Paperwork and PRO services:
Setting up a grocery store may require further documentation, certifications and further approvals from various departments.
Key Factors to keep in mind before setting up a grocery store in Dubai:
- Know your business
- Location of Setup
- Find a local partner
- Financial viability
MSZ Consultancy for obtaining grocery license in Dubai
Obtaining a grocery license and setting up the store is a tedious process. Hiring a consultant will make it easier and cost-efficient. MSZ Consultancy will guide you in every process for obtaining a license and the necessary documentation that needs to be done.
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
One of the main advantages of doing business in the United Arab Emirates is the preferential tax treatment that businesses get. The UAE has a 0% corporate income tax for individuals and legal entities, which is ideal for anyone wanting to own their own business. But,...
If you’re looking for a place to set up a business, the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) is the place to be! The location is growing at such a rapid pace. There are over 15,000 registered businesses in the area, making it the largest free trade zone in the UAE....
The United Arab Emirates is in the spotlight for its booming economy, easy company establishment, and expansion. But when it comes to forming a company, if you don’t have stable funds, you won’t survive long. That’s where an investor comes into play. An investor is...
Dubai is known around the world for its thriving economy and business-friendly environment. And with benefits like a great infrastructure, strategic location, and tax breaks, it’s no wonder entrepreneurs’ dream of doing...
The process of establishing a business can be quite tedious with the infinite legal documents and never-ending queues but, with the introduction of instant trade license, business owners can apply and attain a trade license within a span of 24 hours. Trade license is...
As a trader, your license remains the original document that verifies your business as an official legal entity to function. Hence, it is very imperative to ensure that your license is always updated to avoid any hefty fees which will be levied if your license has...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news