- February 24, 2018
- Posted by: MSZ Consultant
- Category: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Non permitted business activity in UAE
UAE ensures zero-tolerance policy under Federal Law No. 14 of 1995 that criminalizes manufacturing, buying, selling, possessing, storing of the following related substances.
Following are activities restricted in UAE; however, to carry out any of these, special permission and license are required from approved authorities.
- Betting or Gambling – Betting shops and related-businesses are not allowed! And any gambling-related business activities in Dubai are completely termed as illegal.
- Pork and Alcohol – Although, pork items and Alcoholic products are available in the market. But, the production of these products, selling and promotions have restrictions that must be followed to have a business set up in Dubai and UAE
- Pornography & Prostitution – This is Considered as an illegal business activity in most countries around the world, UAE also takes strict actions on conception, distribution and promotion of pornographic and prostitution.
- Narcotic and Psychotropic Drugs – UAE is a consigner to several international conventions on narcotic and psychotropic substances which involve applying internationally valid control measures; to ensure that such substances are not freely available.