- September 24, 2018
- Posted by: MSZ Consultant
- Category: Business Setup, Pro Services in Dubai, Product Registration
Product registration ensures the protection of a product from counterfeits or from using the product’s name to trade fraudulent products in the market.
How does product registration help?
- Product registration permits free trade of the registered product in and outside UAE market
- Allows import and export or re-export of the product
- Assures brand protection
- Guarantees product’s authenticity
Guidelines for Cosmetic Product Registration in the region
- Only a UAE-based company is allowed to register with the Dubai Municipality and is free to involve in cosmetic business
- Company Registration – the company can be registered in one of the two ways, have a business consultant register the company in no time or a company’s representative can register each of their products which involves extensive paperwork, subsequently, a company can apply for product labeling assessment post its registration, samples of every product shall be submitted as per CPSS (consumer product safety service) with relevant company information. After a successful evaluation, a cosmetic label assessment report is produced by the CPSS bearing product descriptions, details and additional remarks, if required to modify the product
- Product Labeling – after consumer product safety service evaluation, products are labelled with all information about the product like possible bodily reactions and/or allergies that may be elicited by ingredients of the product
What are the necessary documents to prove the company’s existence and legality in the market?
- Certificate of Free Sale (CFS) – this certificate recognizes that the cosmetic product can be freely (without restriction) sold in the region; the CFS is issued by the health authorities or other similar authorities from the country of origin
- Analysis Report – a detailed report of the product is produced by the manufacturing company mentioning the used ingredients; and physical and chemical composition of the product.
- Ingredient Report/Laboratory test report – the ingredient report or laboratory test report indicates presence and levels of heavy metals if any.