Product registration ensures the protection of a product from counterfeits or from using the product’s name to trade fraudulent products in the market.
How does product registration help?
- Product registration permits free trade of the registered product in and outside UAE market
- Allows import and export or re-export of the product
- Assures brand protection
- Guarantees product’s authenticity
Guidelines for Cosmetic Product Registration in the region
- Only a UAE-based company is allowed to register with the Dubai Municipality and is free to involve in cosmetic business
- Company Registration – the company can be registered in one of the two ways, have a business consultant register the company in no time or a company’s representative can register each of their products which involves extensive paperwork, subsequently, a company can apply for product labeling assessment post its registration, samples of every product shall be submitted as per CPSS (consumer product safety service) with relevant company information. After a successful evaluation, a cosmetic label assessment report is produced by the CPSS bearing product descriptions, details and additional remarks, if required to modify the product
- Product Labeling – after consumer product safety service evaluation, products are labelled with all information about the product like possible bodily reactions and/or allergies that may be elicited by ingredients of the product
What are the necessary documents to prove the company’s existence and legality in the market?
- Certificate of Free Sale (CFS) – this certificate recognizes that the cosmetic product can be freely (without restriction) sold in the region; the CFS is issued by the health authorities or other similar authorities from the country of origin
- Analysis Report – a detailed report of the product is produced by the manufacturing company mentioning the used ingredients; and physical and chemical composition of the product.
- Ingredient Report/Laboratory test report – the ingredient report or laboratory test report indicates presence and levels of heavy metals if any.
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
The accessibility of the internet facility and the usage of smartphones have helped growth in the eCommerce industry. Shopping every basic necessity online is a trend these days. Many individuals are moving from traditional shopping to online shopping. Starting an...
Dubai is one of the major business locations for businessmen and entrepreneurs. UAE is considered to be one of the most popular trading ports around the world. Starting a general trading business in Dubai is going to be beneficial for entrepreneurs. However, there are...
Dubai is one of the most attractive markets in the region for retailers with growth opportunities in the UAE. Setting up a retail shop in Dubai can be very advantageous and growth-oriented for entrepreneurs and business people. To start a retail shop in Dubai, there...
The foodstuff trading business is growing drastically in Dubai. If you are planning to start this business in Dubai then you have made the right decision, due to its immense potential as most of the food supplies in the UAE are exported imported, packed and...
To set up an industrial company in Dubai it requires various documentation procedures to be followed and is a tedious process. Industrial licenses are issued to the organizations that convert natural resources to finished goods. If you are planning to start an...
Dubai holds the first position in the business professional list. Due to its tax-free norms and ease of doing business, it attracts international investors dealing in any business industry. To start a business in Dubai is one of the perfect options for entrepreneurs...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news
Request a call back
Would you like to speak to one of our business advisers over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.