Product registration ensures the protection of a product from counterfeits or from using the product’s name to trade fraudulent products in the market.
How does product registration help?
- Product registration permits free trade of the registered product in and outside UAE market
- Allows import and export or re-export of the product
- Assures brand protection
- Guarantees product’s authenticity
Guidelines for Cosmetic Product Registration in the region
- Only a UAE-based company is allowed to register with the Dubai Municipality and is free to involve in cosmetic business
- Company Registration – the company can be registered in one of the two ways, have a business consultant register the company in no time or a company’s representative can register each of their products which involves extensive paperwork, subsequently, a company can apply for product labeling assessment post its registration, samples of every product shall be submitted as per CPSS (consumer product safety service) with relevant company information. After a successful evaluation, a cosmetic label assessment report is produced by the CPSS bearing product descriptions, details and additional remarks, if required to modify the product
- Product Labeling – after consumer product safety service evaluation, products are labelled with all information about the product like possible bodily reactions and/or allergies that may be elicited by ingredients of the product
What are the necessary documents to prove the company’s existence and legality in the market?
- Certificate of Free Sale (CFS) – this certificate recognizes that the cosmetic product can be freely (without restriction) sold in the region; the CFS is issued by the health authorities or other similar authorities from the country of origin
- Analysis Report – a detailed report of the product is produced by the manufacturing company mentioning the used ingredients; and physical and chemical composition of the product.
- Ingredient Report/Laboratory test report – the ingredient report or laboratory test report indicates presence and levels of heavy metals if any.
Find out how much it cost you to setup your Dream Business
Other Recent Blogs
Business setup in Dubai is an excellent idea due to its world-class infrastructure, incredible opportunities for entrepreneurs, and a high standard of living. The UAE is one of the most vibrant cities and it has mastered the art of starting a business in the UAE...
Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) is not only the best free zone in Dubai and UAE, but it has been declared as the best free zone in the entire world. The reason behind attaining this status is the opportunities and advantages available to various businesses....
The Department of Economic Development (DED) gives different kinds of licenses to businesses in Dubai. Trading activities require a commercial license; Manufacturing activities require an Industrial license and for professional activities, a professional license is...
Obtaining a UAE family visa is fairly simple but the procedure can be complex if not connected with the appropriate channels and followed the rules. There are different requirements for every type of visa. In Dubai, the visa process is managed by the General...
The UAE is a booming economy and is growing rapidly across the globe. However there often arises a difficulty for entrepreneurs in deciding whether to choose a trade license or a freelance license to start its business. This can be decided by taking into consideration...
Dubai is one of the leading destinations and unprecedented global ambition. Its a region for top trading and entrepreneurship. It attracts businessmen from all around the world. Over the last few years, UAE has become a major access point for foreign investments in...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’ll keep you updated on the latest trends and news
Request a call back
Would you like to speak to one of our business advisers over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.