Setting up a branch of foreign company in Dubai, UAE
The Branch is allowed to involve in commercial activity in the UAE and also to earn profiAts. It is licensed for the purpose of a branch office is to promote as well as market the products and services of the parent company and may only involve in activities like those carried on by the foreign company in its home jurisdiction.
Following are the required documents for setting up a branch of foreign company in Dubai
For Initial Approval
- Registration and licensing application
- Proof of reserved trade name
- Parent company’s Certificate of good standing
- Copy of the director’s passport
- NOC issued by the parent company
- Copy of the Local service agent’s passport, EID and also family book
- Approval from the Ministry of Economy and Commerce (commercial activities only).
- Parent Company’s Board Resolution for opening a branch in Dubai (attested & notarized).
- Power of attorney (attested)
- Parent company’s Memorandum of Association and also Article of Association (attested & notarized).
- Copy of the parent company’s certificate of Incorporation (attested & notarized).
- Approval of other Government authorities (according to the type of business activity).
After obtaining the Initial Approval
- Initial approval receipt
- Copy of branch office lease agreement.
- The original appointment contract of national agent duly authenticated by the Notary Public (except the Engineering Consultancy Companies).
- Bank statements of the parent company for the last 2 years
- All documents submitted earlier to obtain the Initial Approval.